This particular game is everyone’s favorite and is more than 100 years old. This game is played almost by every one of different age groups in schools, colleges, beaches, playgrounds, parks etc. It is a ball game enjoyed by participants and spectators.
If you will research, you will get to know that there were 250 million football players and 1.3 billion people interested in football.
The game football was born in 1863 when rugby football and association football separated from each other and thus giving birth to Football Association in England. It became the governing body of the sports.
‘Football’ means the game where you need to play only with your foot. You have to kick the ball into your opponent’s goal post to score for your team. In 1988 the football league was founded in England.
The game Football has different variations in different places –
- Association Football also called as soccer
- Gridiron Football also called American or Canadian Football
- Australian rules football
- Rugby Football
- Gaelic Football
The name Association football is given in the year 1863 by England to distinguish it from other forms of football specially Rugby. It is played internationally and is governed by International Federation of Association Football (FIFA). It organizes World Cup for both men and women every four years and lats for almost a month.
Rules of the soccer game
- Game is played between two teams with 11 players each
- Except for the goal keepers, other players are not allowed to touch the ball with their hands within the penalty area
- To strike or pass the ball you can use any part of the body except hands and arms
- The team which scores more goals wins
- If the game is a draw, you will be given extra time or penalty shootout depending on the format.